Friday, March 3, 2017

MARYLAND, Baltimore County: Repold (1826)

Several of the contributions were from non-bloggers. I create a post on my blog and add a link to it to the project page. Today, I'd like to share one of those contributions from Noel:

Will of Metta Henrietta REPOLD, 22 April 1826, Baltimore, Maryland:

"Item, it is my will and desire and I do hereby direct that all my slaves to wit, MARIA, THOMAS, FRANK, SYLPHE, ANN and MARY together with any other slaves that I may own at the time of my death be forthwith manumitted, discharged and set free immediately from and after the time of my decease, and I do hereby declare them to be so manumitted, discharged and liberated from bondage, and I further direct that my Executors purchase for my servant FRANK a suitable dray and horse and give the same to him as soon after my death as may be convenient, in order to enable him the better to obtain a livelihood."

George and his wife, Metta, died without children and left much of their property to their nieces, Metta Henrietta Maund and Margaret Waesche and their families. Metta died 9 days after writing her will.

No comments:

Post a Comment