Wednesday, November 22, 2017

ALABAMA, Jefferson County: English (1833)

From Vivian:

STATE OF ALABAMA Jefferson County
DEEDS – WILLS – ADMINISTRATIONS 1836-Vol. 6-1839
DEED OF GIFT Page 46
Enslaved Persons:
negro man named Peter
negro woman named Betsey
negro child named Jacob

“No” know all men by these presents that I, Alex English Sr. of the state of Alabama & County of Jeff. hath this day given and bequeathed to my son John’s oldest son, James, 1 negro man named Peter, also I give to his second son, Alexander, 1 negro woman named Betsey, also to her third son, Francis, I give 1 negro child named Jacob and in case the said negro wench has any more children, to be equally divided among the rest of his children. As witness my hand and seal this 11th day of Nov. 1833 Signed Alexander
English Sr. Ack. before B.E. Grace Clk. C.C. Nov. 12, 1833 Filed Nov. 12, recorded
Nov. 19, 1833 B.E. Grace Clk. C.C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment