Tuesday, April 4, 2017

MISSISSIPPI, Marshall County: McRaven (1838)

Marshall County Republican and Free Trade Advocate
Holly Springs, Miss.
Saturday, August 4, 1838
Vol. I
No. I

TWENTY DOLLARS REWARD.
RANAWAY from the subscriber, on or about the 10th of June last, a Negro man named ABRAM, about 20 or 23 years of age, about 5 feet 6 inches high; light built and black complextion; has lost several of his teeth, and has a scar on one of his legs, occasioned; he says, by the bite of a dog. He is a shrewd, sensible fellow, and will no doubt try to get back to the neighborhood of Paris, Tennessee, where he was raised, and from whence he was brought and sold to me, in November 1836, by Nathaniel Dolahite. The above reward will be given for his apprenhension and delivery to me at Holly Springs, or fifteen dollars if safely lodged in any jail so that I can get him again. M McRAVEN

No comments:

Post a Comment