Thursday, February 15, 2018

ALABAMA, Autauga County: Dennis (1851)

Will of Henry Dennis - Autauga Co., AL

The State of Alabama>
Autauga County        > Know all men by these presents that I Henry
Dennis of the county and State aforesaid do hereby make and declare this
my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills 
by me heretofore made.
 Item 1st It is my will and I bequeath to my niece Sarah-- Dennis
Daughter of my brother Gower Dennis my negro girl Susan about 14 years
of age and her future increase forever.
 Item 2nd I will and bequeath unto my brother and his wife Margaret
Dennis the following, named three Negroes to wit, Charlotte a woman
about twenty years of age, Dick a boy about seventeen years of age, and
John a boy about four years of age and the future increase of Charlotte,
during  the time of the
natural lives of the said Gower Dennis and his wife Margaret Dennis for
the purpose of working, for and supporting them during  their lives and
that said Negroes nor the proceeds of their labor nor increase shall in
any manner be subject to any of the contracts debts or forfeitures of
the said Gower Dennis or Margaret
Dennis and at the death of the said Gower + Maragaret , the said Negroes
Charolette and her increase + Dick and John are to goto + be equally
divided between William Dennis + Louisa Jones wife of Alfred Jones
children of the said Gower Dennis and Margaret Dennis and I appoint the
said William Dennis
Trustee to take care of the portion that may belong to said Louisa
Dennis. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this
10th day of September 1851. Signed and sealed in presence of us
{Joseph Price{B.F.Dent{  Henry Dennis (seal)
{Henry Brown}

The State of Alabama}
Autauga County         } Personally appeared before me Henry Brown Judge
of the Court of  Probate
In and for said County the above named Henry Dennis who acknowledged the
forgoing instrument and
that it is his intention and that he now declares the same to be an
absolute bill of sale of the property therein named to the said Gower
Dennis Margaret Dennis William Dennis + Louisa Jones and  the part
coming to the said Louisa Jones to be held in trust by William Dennis
for her use and benefit and that he
now delivers this instrument to them as a bill of sale to be recorded
and construed as such.
 Given under my name and seal this 5th day of January 1852 
                                                      Henry Brown
                                                        (L.S. ?)
         Judge of Probate
Received in office and recorded the 5th day of January 1852 and recorded
on page 153 -in book DF 
        Henry Brown
           Judge of Probate 

No comments:

Post a Comment